To Richard Rainbolt ─ Who Helped Me to Ask Only For the Healing of My Perceptions

 

To Richard Rainbolt Who Helped Me to Ask

Only For the Healing of My Perceptions

By Teak Kilmer, SEE

On the day you left this plane and planet: May 13, 2011

 

 

How fitting it is that Richard would be the first in our original

Course in Miracles core group to make the passage; He has always

led the way when it comes to passages; He knew them because he

loved and lived them and (in soft, calm voice) refrained them reassuringly

 

I have envied him this and wondered how he got it so completely

I realize now as I sit here that I had wanted to ask him how

he knew, what made his epiphany become him, but I let distraction

get my attention instead of the question that will not be asked

 

Three decades ago after a Unity Church service, Arne Wasberg followed me

to asking Richard to lead a Course in Miracles group on Sunday nights

He rejoiced in the offer and the opportunity and in the task, and

we basked in his light, his … peace week after week, year after year

 

The three of us provided T-shirts and sweat shirts that read

“Expect a Miracle” and co-created ACIM retreats at Dunrovin

where we renewed through song and laughter, shared miracles, meals

and walks, swims and ice cream cones at Marine-on- St-Croix

 

and we lifted each other up and flowed in Richard’s glow

His reassurances, his love, his awe in us and the bliss he had found

We had discussions that changed the world and still are, and yet he was

wondrous good at the employment of “I need do nothing”

 

I ask him now the question I did not pause to ask and draw a card

“Deep within you is everything that is perfect, ready to radiate through

you and out into the world.” The empty space he leaves I must fill

within me and in service as he did, or I betray him, us and truth

 

I ask for his farewell and pull another Miracles card: “You who are part

of God are not at home except in His peace. If peace is eternal, you are at

home only in eternity”; and thus he bids adieu having given us all we would

take in and now awaits our joining him in this eternity ...

by choosing once again!

Comments

  1. Such a rich, beautiful and moving tribute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Etymology

The Words

Why Frogs?