This, My Final Cycle

 

This, My Final Cycle

By Teak Kilmer

July 1, 2010 at Cursive Writers’ Group

 

...written using only the words provided on a tray of magnetized verse to be; and randomly furnished to each us by Julie, our leader du jour, just before commencing this piece, our assignment–fourth in a series using only the words provided on the trays.

 

 

I am that almost moment of serenity

a hair away by laugh or music

from the surreal truth that

makes doubt will its way to

grace, a choice, the parent of

Spirit’s knowing, sustaining

beauty through prayer and meditation

 

giving hope of birth (of this life saving)

husbanding health, relief, but

life looms by deep cycles

I walk them, asking why, why so hard

my soul to understand, to

gently pamper feeling that I

would use surgery to remove, but must accept?

 

I would protect my young fiery pleasure

as less aesthetic skin and self do

show the thing to hardly I can bear

as last breath draws more near to

the fevered change, and master

the charm of fruitful gifts of …

 

This my final cycle

 

 

 

 

.

Comments

  1. What a magical time we had in Journal Group! What a treat to bask in your creativity then and now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before reading it I thought it might prove to be gibberish - I was proved very wrong. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Etymology

The Words

Why Frogs?