The Price of Poetry

 

The Price of Poetry

By Teak Kilmer

Circa 1998

 

Hello there, Mr. Amazon.com

I’m hoping your site is the one from

I can buy some serious pain

put my psyche in a twit of strain

and by so doing, great verse I will pen

thus be a great poet and tragedienne

but please Mr. Amazon.com

my meager purse therefrom

to exact but a cheap price …

take from my flesh but a thin slice

 

                   Yours sincerely,

                   Teak Kilmer

 

Dear Teak, by e-mail you got us

and pain we do have right up to your epiglotis

but if writer you would be

of verse expressed extraordinarily

then excruciating anguish you must know

in thought and feeling and even in your re me dough

so in this we’ll not reduce the price

nor otherwise be nice for only sacrifice suffice

For poets we take whole flesh pie, not slice

We always do our best for bards

to deal the very worst of cards

so if you’re to snuggle up to glory

it’s by nail beds you’ll get your story

so send huge bucks with your blood and guts

so in iambic pun-tameter

You can kick some butts!!

 

                   Yours sincerely,

                   Mr. Amazon.com

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Etymology

The Words

Why Frogs?