Most Alive

 

Most Alive

By Teak Kilmer

July 2, 2006

 

 

When in the writing, I am belly to belly with the Great One

this, the first Joy; then the sharing these bits of Spirit

We roll in the grass in blessed recognition of essence, of beauty

I sit again, now ready to reflect grace with the Nikon

 

I pose as the cameraman, they as themselves: the Nature’s creatures

Our equals, not in intellect, but in wisdom, in divine purpose

We need their instruction, their glorious, reassuring companionship

The photos will, when done, if done well, impart these truths

 

Our souls are not in wallets, but in chipmunks, in surf’s rhythm,

Not in castles but in cardinals, in mountains, in silver-swords and

goldfinch, in sunrise and rufus sided towhees and in the laughing brook

These bring my soul to me

 

I swim at midnight in lake far into the wolf’s howl

eagle, gull and beaver, trout and kayak singing one song

I have biked and walked the waterfall, my spirit has no secrets

This is life and where I hope to die where I am most alive

Comments

  1. Beautiful tribute to Nature mother. She appreciates it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Etymology

The Words

Why Frogs?