"Cowgirls" at the Bridge

 

“Cowgirls” at the Bridge

By Teak Kilmer

 

I suspect the girls are playing bridge

right up until we round the ridge

Most think that all they do is wag

and moo and munch and maybe brag

of milk cans filled for little babes

I confess I have not seen them otherwise

 

Yet I can feel it in my thighs

and in my medulla oblongata

I just know that bridge they ‘gotta’

These girls they gather every day

and contest for trips to Mandalay

as tournaments of bridge, they play

 

Second prize is Monterrey

The losers bracket plays croquet

while Midge and Peg serve Chardonnay

and the younger set does horseplay

cause ‘cow-play’ is not a term today

then once per year the main soiree

 

wherein winning cow gets special pay

To the winner, the herd cow-tows and for her prays

massages her parts and namastes

presents a white convertible Cabriolet

and enough methane gas to go all the way

to the cow spa in the sky known as ‘Hay Day’

 

so next time you’re about to round a ridge

see if you can catch the girls at the bridge

 

Comments

  1. Oh good heavens who doth thought one could work medulla oblongata into a poem about cows! A hearty Navy "well Done" Mr. Kilmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A poem to accompany The Far Side caroons!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Etymology

The Words

Why Frogs?