Introduction

My name is Teak Kilmer, well really, it's Thalas Garadus Groospeck Macelious Quackenbush Michael Meiers Kilmer Jr. (and that's the reason I’m an alcoholic). Truth be told, these are more names than are on my birth certificate, but I grew up believing these were all my names (a joke my family played on me). I really am an addict and have emotion sickness from trauma and genetics. 

My life has been a wild but challenging ride. I have accomplished much, met nearly 50 famous people, and have a plethora of amazing stories. I'm also an observer of life, a poet, writer, copy editor, amateur 'spiritual' etymologist, fine furniture artist, former, co-founder and first president by acclaim of the Minnesota Woodworkers' Guild (now second largest in the nation), reformer of the American massage equipment industry from basically nearly junk quality to having maybe the best equipment anywhere.   

At age 16, in 1956, I successfully began a civil rights movement in my high school fraternity. In 1957, I formed and directed the Dacey Family Charity to replace my fraternity brother's home that burned down and was not insured. Of the 10 family members, five burned in the fire, including the mother.   

I have also been a stand-up comic, a creative photographer, an emcee, a phenomenal and wild dancer, a singer to two (out of two live performances) standing ovations, a wordsmith, a public speaker, brief but notable actor and very successful hotel manager, carpenter and a garbage collector, etc.! And I have almost entirely taught myself every one of these endeavors; the term for this is autodidact

I will be including my writings, stories, aphorisms, original humor, and observations about life and the English language, or what's left of it. I also intend to publish a book entitled "A Walk in the Words" (subtitle in progress). 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Etymology

The Words

Why Frogs?