Flowers

FLOWERS (or Posey Poesy)

         By Teak Kilmer

 

 

 This poem is my response to my distant cousin Joyce

Kilmer’s famous poem “Trees"

That ended: “Poems are made by fools like me/But only God can make a tree”

 

Flowers, we must certainly agree

are even lovelier than trees

 

Trees have greater majesty

but so sweet is the scenting of a breeze

that brings me downwind to my knees

 

And so sublime those colors bright

that bring glory to my sight

for my soul to find delight

making effort seem so trite

 

Poems are made by God not fools

but God does need fools for writing tools

 

Comments

  1. So good to be reminded of the wonderful experiencing of flowers and of poems. More thank yous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Etymology

The Words

Why Frogs?