Epitath

 

EPITAPH
By Teak Kilmer
 
I have come
and I have seen
beauty everywhere
 
soaked up fragrances of plumeria, lilac and peony
and hand crushed leaves of autumn, newly mown grass
breezes once embracing sea and pine tree
now wafting through and all around us
 
I have imbibed the muses
Van Gogh, Basquiat, thunderstorms and Rumi
Walt Whitman, Ella Fitzgerald and Yo-Yo Ma, Bob Dylan and blizzards
frozen water crystals shaped like ferns on the windows
sensuous and sensual intimacies of soul and form
 
Jazz! Oh, joyful and make-you-move jazz!
 
I’ve made mud pies, built sandcastles
swum in streams, rivers, lakes
in seas, in oceans navy blue and turquoise green
climbed, trekked and skied mountains
 
Yet I have been moved most
by peace and joy and love
 

 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Etymology

The Words

Why Frogs?